Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dalnaspidal Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Dalnaspidal Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 87597

Site Number NN67SW 4

NGR NN 6442 7335

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/87597

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Blair Atholl
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN67SW 4 6442 7335

(Location cited as NN 643 733). Dalnaspidal Station. Opened 1863 by the Inverness and Perth Junction Rly. A 2-platform through station, with a wooden single-storey building on the up platform. There is also a signal box of standard Highland Rly. pattern.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Perth-Inverness (main) line of the Highland Rly. was opened in 1865, grouped into the London, Midland & Scottish Railway in 1923, and closed to regular passenger traffic on 3 May 1965. The (double-tracked) line remains in use.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions