Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dubton Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Dubton Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Dubton Junction Station

Canmore ID 87517

Site Number NO76SW 41

NGR NO 7008 6072

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/87517

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Angus
  • Parish Montrose
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Angus
  • Former County Angus

Archaeology Notes

NO76SW 41 7008 6072

(Location cited as NO 701 607). Dubton Station, opened c. 1850 by the Aberdeen Rly. A three-platform through station with the main building on the down platform. There is a single-storey stone structure on an L plan, now a dwelling-house. There is a small shelter on the up platform.

J R Hume 1977.

(Name cited as Dubton Station). This intermediate station was also the junction station for the branch to that company's station at Montrose (NO75NW 43). The station was opened (by the Aberdeen Rly) on 1 February 1848 and closed to regular passenger traffic (at the closure of the branch) on 4 August 1952. The main line closed on 4 September 1967.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions