Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Halkirk Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Halkirk Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Halkirk Railway Station

Canmore ID 8316

Site Number ND15NW 25

NGR ND 1324 5836

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/8316

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Halkirk
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Caithness
  • Former County Caithness

Archaeology Notes

ND15NW 25 1324 5836

This intermediate station on the Inverness - Georgemas Junction portion of the 'Far North' line of the former Highland Rly was opened (by the Sutherland and Caithness Rly) on 28 July 1874. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 13 June 1960.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

Closed to passengers 13.6.1960, Highland Railway.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions