Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kinlochaline

Township (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Kinlochaline

Classification Township (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 79965

Site Number NM64NE 18

NGR NM 693 475

NGR Description NM 693 475 and NM 695 478

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/79965

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2022.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Morvern
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Lochaber
  • Former County Argyll

Archaeology Notes

NM64NE 18 centred on 693 475

Kinlochaline. Settlement in two groups in the 18th century, at NM 693 475 and NM 695 478. Fields marked, and three ruins around the southern site. Occupied by 1755, seven houses in 1841, population then 31, but reduced to 9 by 1891.

P Gaskell 1968

A township comprising two unroofed, three roofed buildings, one of which is L-shaped, and four enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet liv). One roofed building and two enclosures are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1975).

Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 21 May 1998.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions