Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Achnashellach Station

Railway Station (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Site Name Achnashellach Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Auchnashalloch; Auchneshellach Station; Achnashellach Halt

Canmore ID 78671

Site Number NH04NW 2

NGR NH 0028 4843

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/78671

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Lochcarron
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Ross And Cromarty
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

Archaeology Notes

NH04NW 2.00 0028 4843

NH04NW 2.01 NH 0030 4843 footbridge

This intermediate station (an unstaffed halt) on the Dingwall-Kyle of Lochalsh line of the former Highland Rly was opened in 1871 by the Dingwall and Skye Rly; it closed to goods on 27 June 1964 but remains in regular use by passenger traffic. The station is situated off the public road and has a single platform; the sole building is a blockwork shed although there was formerly a timber building of more substantial construction. The provision of a two-roomed cottage was envisaged, but never fulfilled.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 12 June 2001.

B Williams 1988; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions