Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Gartly Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Gartly Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Gartly For Lumsden And Strathdon

Canmore ID 77080

Site Number NJ53SW 21

NGR NJ 5225 3234

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/77080

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Gartly
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Gordon
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ53SW 21 5225 3234

For adjacent Station Hotel, see NJ53SW 85.

An ex great North of Scotland Railway station visible on vertical air photographs (OS 89/196/079-80, flown 1989).

(Undated) information in NMRS.

This intermediate station on the Great North of Scotland Rly portion of the Aberdeen-Keith-Inverness line of the (former) Great North of Scotland and Highland Rlys was opened by the former company on 20 September 1854. It was also known as Gartly for Lumsden and Strathdon station, and closed to regular passenger traffic on 6 May 1968. The line itself remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 15 January 1997.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions