Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Scotscalder Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Scotscalder Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Scotscalder Railway Station

Canmore ID 7686

Site Number ND05NE 66

NGR ND 0959 5602

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/7686

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Halkirk
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Caithness
  • Former County Caithness

Archaeology Notes

ND05NE 66.00 0959 5602

ND05NE 66.01 ND 0981 5610 snow blower

(Location cited as ND 095 560). Scotscalder Station, opened 1874 by the Sutherland and Caithness Rly. A two-platform through station with the loop now removed. There is a small single-storey station building, incorporating a dwelling house.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Helmsdale-Georgemas Junction portion of the Dingwall - Wick and Thurso ('Far North') line of the former Highland Rly was opened (by the Sutherland and Caithness Rly) on 28 July 1874. It remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 4 April 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

Highland Railway

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions