Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Rosneath, St Modan's Parish Church

Church (19th Century), War Memorial (20th Century)

Site Name Rosneath, St Modan's Parish Church

Classification Church (19th Century), War Memorial (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Rosneath Village; Rosneath St Modan's Parish Church; War Memorial Window

Canmore ID 75377

Site Number NS28SE 32

NGR NS 25441 83157

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/75377

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Argyll And Bute
  • Parish Rosneath
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Dumbarton
  • Former County Dunbartonshire

Summary Record

St Modan's Parish Church was recorded in 2007 as part of the Threatened Buildings Survey prior to proposed alterations. David Cousin designed the earliest part of the present building in 1852-3. It was enlarged in 1862 and 1872. Burnet Son & Campbell re-ordered the interior in 1894-5. In 1921 Peter MacGregor Chalmers carried out repairs and in 1931 J Jeffrey Waddell created a memorial chapel. Stained glass includes a War Memorial west window, The Glory of Sacrifice by Stephen Adam & Son 1921.

STG 2014

Archaeology Notes

Activities

Project (February 2014 - July 2014)

A data upgrade project to record war memorials.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions