Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

St Andrews, Abbey Street

No Class (Event)

Site Name St Andrews, Abbey Street

Classification No Class (Event)

Canmore ID 73190

Site Number NO51NW 83

NGR NO 5121 1646

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/73190

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish St Andrews And St Leonards
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO51NW 83 1521 1646

Excavations during February 1976 revealed that the old office of St Leonrards School and the adjoining turret in the precinct wall have been extensively rebuilt of the last four to five centuries. The excavations have established that the turret is in its original position and was built out of alignment to the wall. In addition the excavators found the remains of the College of St Leonard's granary, the remainiing part which had been demolished in January of 1976.

Dr N P Brooks via newscutting 1976

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions