Buittle Parish Church And Churchyard
Burial Ground (Period Unassigned), Church (19th Century), Churchyard (Period Unassigned), War Memorial(S) (20th Century)
Site Name Buittle Parish Church And Churchyard
Alternative Name(s) Buittle Church Of Scotland And Walled Churchyard; War Memorial Plaques And Window
Canmore ID 64876
Site Number NX85NW 13
NGR NX 80801 59890
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
- Council Dumfries And Galloway
- Parish Buittle
- Former Region Dumfries And Galloway
- Former District Stewartry
- Former County Kirkcudbrightshire
The new church of Buittle was built in 1819.
H Scott 1917
Scottish Record Office:
Seating plan (1818) for the new church.
It accompanies papers concerning the division of sittings.
1819 and 1827 GD 185/1/40
New gallery built for Buittle Church.
A letter from Col. Maxwell to Sir Robert Abercromby deals with arranging
sittings in the new gallery.
1840 GD 185/1/40
(Undated) information in NMRS.
The National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies (NADFAS) undertook a survey of stained glass windows in churches at risk, including Auchencairn; Buittle, Colvend; New Abbey; Old West Kirk, Greenock; St Colm's Chapel, Edinburgh; and Walkerburn.
Project (February 2014 - July 2014)
A data upgrade project to record war memorials.