Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Tyninghame House, Parterre, Sundial

Sundial (19th Century)

Site Name Tyninghame House, Parterre, Sundial

Classification Sundial (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Formal Garden; Tyninghame House Policies

Canmore ID 57733

Site Number NT67NW 3.01

NGR NT 61898 79819

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/57733

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Lothian
  • Parish Whitekirk And Tyninghame
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District East Lothian
  • Former County East Lothian

Activities

Reference (1978)

(NT 61898 79819) The centrepiece of the Italian garden (by William Burn: 1829) W of Tyninghame House is a reproduction of the 17th century sundials at Newbattle Abbey (see NT36NW 15). However, the crowning obelisk appears to be well weathered and genuine.

C McWilliam 1978

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions