Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Little Pinkerton

Non Antiquity

Site Name Little Pinkerton

Classification Non Antiquity

Canmore ID 57659

Site Number NT67NE 55

NGR NT 69 76

NGR Description NT c. 69 76

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/57659

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Lothian
  • Parish Dunbar
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District East Lothian
  • Former County East Lothian

Archaeology Notes

NT67NE 55 c. 69 76.

A chapel formerly stood at Little Pinkerton, (NT 69 76), Spott Ph, and this was constituted into a prebend of the Collegiate Church of Dunbar. No other information.

J Hardy 1882

Mr Rennie, of Little Pinkerton, the owner of Little Pinkerton, has no knowledge of this chapel and suggests that Hardy may be referring to the chapel which formerly stood between Meikle and Easter Pinkerton (NT77NW 12).

Visited by OS (RD) 25 March 1966.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions