Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Westruther, Old Parish Church And Churchyard

Burial Ground (Period Unassigned), Church (17th Century), Font (Medieval)(Possible)

Site Name Westruther, Old Parish Church And Churchyard

Classification Burial Ground (Period Unassigned), Church (17th Century), Font (Medieval)(Possible)

Canmore ID 57448

Site Number NT65SW 3

NGR NT 63425 50059

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/57448

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Westruther
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Berwickshire
  • Former County Berwickshire

Archaeology Notes

NT65SW 3 63425 50059

NT64NW 35 63434 49996 Westruther Parish Church

(NT 63425 50059) Church (NR) (Dis)

OS 6"map, (1957).

Westruther Church: This church was built in 1649 and altered in 1752. It was abandoned in 1840 (when the present church was built at NT 63434 49996).

RCAHMS 1980, visited 1979; J Robson 1896; RCAHMS 1915; G Hay 1957.

This is a plain rectangular building with a belfry at the W end. The walls are harled except at the W, where the rubble masonry is exposed. The slate roof is intact.

Visited by OS (JFC) 25 January 1955.

This church is as described.

Visited by OS (EGC) 21 November 1963.

Site Management (1 December 2011)

This church was built in 1649 and altered in 1752. It was abandoned in 1840 when the present church was built. (RCAHMS)

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: Upstanding structure, which may not be intact.

Information from Scottish Borders Council.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions