Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Drem, Junction Station

Railway Station (19th Century), Station Masters House (19th Century)

Site Name Drem, Junction Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century), Station Masters House (19th Century)

Canmore ID 56357

Site Number NT57NW 77

NGR NT 51089 79411

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/56357

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Lothian
  • Parish Athelstaneford
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District East Lothian
  • Former County East Lothian

Archaeology Notes

NT57NW 77 5108 7940

This intermediate station on the Edinburgh-Berwick portion of the London-Edinburgh 'East Coast main line' is also formerly the junction station for the North Berwick branch of the former North British Rly. It was opened by that company on 22 June 1846 and remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 15 February 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions