Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, Gilmerton , The Drum, Mercat Cross

Market Cross (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Edinburgh, Gilmerton , The Drum, Mercat Cross

Classification Market Cross (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Market Cross

Canmore ID 53477

Site Number NT36NW 48

NGR NT 3017 6883

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/53477

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Archaeology Notes

NT36NW 48 3017 6883

NT36NW 35.00 The Drum (and related sites)

(NT 3017 6883) Market Cross of Edinburgh (NR) (Transferred 1756)

OS 6" map (1854)

The old mercat cross of Edinburgh stood at The Drum from 1756 to 1866.

A fascimile cross is now situated at NT 3009 6876

This is an intermediate site. For the history of Edinburgh Mercat Cross, see NT27SE 8.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions