Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Pirn House

House (18th Century)

Site Name Pirn House

Classification House (18th Century)

Canmore ID 53138

Site Number NT33NW 20

NGR NT 33743 37038

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/53138

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Innerleithen
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Tweeddale
  • Former County Peebles-shire

Archaeology Notes

NT33NW 20 33743 37038.

(NT 3374 3708) The central block of Pirn House was built by Alexander Horsburgh in 1700. The E and W wings were probably added soon after 1733. Further additions were made in 1748, and minor alterations made between 1752 and 1778. It appears to have been relatively undisturbed during the 19th and 20th centuries; it was demolished in 1950, the site now being covered by a school.

RCAHMS 1967, visited 1947

RCAHM confirmed.

Visited by OS (SFS) 6 September 1974

Architecture Notes

Pirn House, not to be confused with NT44NW 29

NMRS REFERENCE:

Demolished c. 1952.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions