Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Seafield Tower

Tower House (Medieval)

Site Name Seafield Tower

Classification Tower House (Medieval)

Canmore ID 52771

Site Number NT28NE 5

NGR NT 27943 88529

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Kinghorn
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District Kirkcaldy
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NT28NE 5 27943 88529

(NT 2794 8853) Seafield Tower (NR) (remains of)

OS 6" map, (1967)

Seafield Tower probably dates from the early 16th c, and is now a shell in bad repair. It is L-shaped on plan and stands free from the boundary walls. It comprises a main block 30 3/4' by 25 3/4' and a staircase wing 19 1/2' by 12 1/2'.

RCAHMS 1933.

Seafield Tower is as described by the RCAHMS. Apart from some building debris in the cliff face, there is no evidence of the enclosure to the W shown on the plan of 1774.

Visited by OS (A C) 27 February 1959.

No change to previous field report.

Visited by OS (S F S) 15 December 1975.

'Seafield Tower' + midden + modern structure of concrete bricks

Site recorded by Maritime Fife during the Coastal Assessment Survey for Historic Scotland, Kincardine to Fife Ness 1996.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions