Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Ratho Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Ratho Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Ratho (Low Level) Station

Canmore ID 50790

Site Number NT17SW 75

NGR NT 1330 7218

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/50790

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Ratho
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Archaeology Notes

NT17SW 75 1330 7218

This intermediate station on the Edinburgh-Glasgow (main) line of the former North British Railway was opened (by the Edinburgh and Glasgow Rly) on 18 December 1842. It was the junction station for that company's branch to Dalmeny between 1 March 1866 and 22 September 1930, and closed to regular passenger traffic on 18 June 1951. The main line remains in use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 1 March 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions