Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Linton Bank Farm

Findspot, Knife (Flint), Stone Ball (Sandstone)

Site Name Linton Bank Farm

Classification Findspot, Knife (Flint), Stone Ball (Sandstone)

Canmore ID 50259

Site Number NT15SW 4

NGR NT 149 518

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/50259

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Linton (Tweeddale)
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Tweeddale
  • Former County Peebles-shire

Archaeology Notes

NT15SW 4 149 518.

A finely flaked knife of grey flint from Linton Bank Farm, West Linton, formerly in Dr O H Wild's collection, was donated by the City Museum, Gloucester, to the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland (NMAS) in 1966 (Accession no. AA 283).

Formal acknowledgement, 1966 no.4: NMAS

A faceted sandstone ball, 1 3/4 ins in diameter, from Linton Bank Farm, was purchased for the NMAS in 1913 (Accession no. AS 170).

NMAS Continuation Catalogue

No further information. Linton Bank Farm is at NT 1497 5189.

Visited by OS (RD) 26 January 1970

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: Not applicable. Site of a provenanced find.

information from Scottish Borders Council

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions