Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

West Linton, Main Street, Old Manor House

House (16th Century)

Site Name West Linton, Main Street, Old Manor House

Classification House (16th Century)

Canmore ID 50243

Site Number NT15SW 19

NGR NT 14991 51983

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/50243

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Linton (Tweeddale)
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Tweeddale
  • Former County Peebles-shire

Archaeology Notes

NT15SW 19 14991 51983.

(NT 149 519) Old Manor House, West Linton. This house stands on the E side of the main street at the N end of the village. It belongs to two main periods, the earlier part may date to the 16th c. It is a small L-shaped building, to which an E wing was added in the 18th c. The older walls vary in thickness from 3'6" to 5', while those of the latter portion are 2'5" thick. Minor alterations have been made to the house on the 19th and 20th centuries. The older portion is now two storeys high, but may have originally contained a third storey.

RCAHMS 1967

NT 1499 5198. As described by RCAHMS. Not architecturally outstanding.

Visited by OS (WDJ) 19 February 1970

Architecture Notes

Owner: in 1959, Mr and Mrs Lithgow.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions