Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Stirling To Alloa To Dunfermline Railway, Cambus Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Stirling To Alloa To Dunfermline Railway, Cambus Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Tullibody

Canmore ID 47232

Site Number NS89SE 68

NGR NS 8555 9420

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/47232

Ordnance Survey licence number AC0000807262. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Bluesky International Limited 2025. Public Sector Viewing Terms

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Cambus Station
Station Building and platform, from W
Cambus Station
Station Building and platform, from WCambus Station
Platform Shelter form SStirling To Alloa To Dunfermline Railway, Cambus Station, NS89SE 68, Ordnance Survey index card, RectoCambus Station
Footbridge and signal post from NE

Administrative Areas

  • Council Clackmannan
  • Parish Alloa
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Clackmannan
  • Former County Clackmannanshire

Archaeology Notes

NS89SE 68 8555 9420

(Location cited as NS 855 943). Cambus Station, opened 1852 by the Stirling and Dunfermline Rly. Formerly a two-platform through station with the main offices in a two-storey masonry building on the up (Stirling) platform. This has been extended by a wooden shelter and there is a similar shelter on the down platform. There is an unusual iron-truss footbridge.

J R Hume 1976.

This intermediate station was opened by the Stirling and Dunfermline Rly on 1 July 1852, and closed to regular passenger traffoc on 7 October 1968.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

Cambus Station (NBR) opened 1/7/1852, closed 1/11/1954

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions