Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Stirling, Kirk Wynd, St Ninian's Church

Church (Period Unassigned), War Memorial (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Stirling, Kirk Wynd, St Ninian's Church

Classification Church (Period Unassigned), War Memorial (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) St Ninians Parish Church; War Memorial

Canmore ID 46192

Site Number NS79SE 171

NGR NS 79654 91701

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/46192

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2022.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Stirling
  • Parish Stirling
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Stirling
  • Former County Stirlingshire

Architecture Notes

NS79SE 171 79654 91701

The present St Ninian's Parish Church was completed in 1750 or 1751; additions and alterations having been made in the nineteenth century and 1940.

RCAHMS 1963, visited 1956.

EXTERNAL REFERENCE:

Scottish Record Office

Proposed new Church.

Division of the cost among the Heritors.

The building is to conform to contracts with Robert Henderson and David Campbell, masons, and Thomas Glass, wright.

c.1747 GD 124/9/120

Activities

Project (February 2014 - July 2014)

A data upgrade project to record war memorials.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions