Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Banknock, Bankier Distillery

Distillery (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Banknock, Bankier Distillery

Classification Distillery (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 45863

Site Number NS77NE 55

NGR NS 77850 78880

NGR Description Centred NS 77580 78880

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/45863

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Falkirk
  • Parish Denny
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Falkirk
  • Former County Stirlingshire

Archaeology Notes

NS77NE 55 centred 77580 78880

For (associated) Bankier Quay (on Forth and Clyde Canal, at NS 7784 7877), see NS77NE 108.

(Location cited as NS 778 789). Bankier Distillery, founded 1828 by Daniel Macfarlane. A complex of buildings of various dates, dominated by two pyramidal-roofed kilns, serving a two-storey range of malting floors. This distillery was served by a horse tramway to a wharf on the the Forth and Clyde Canal, which still survives.

J R Hume 1976.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions