Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, 1 St Andrew's Square, St Andrew's Parish Church

Church (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Glasgow, 1 St Andrew's Square, St Andrew's Parish Church

Classification Church (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) James Morrison Street

Canmore ID 44237

Site Number NS56SE 107

NGR NS 59702 64678

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/44237

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Glasgow (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Architecture Notes

NS56SE 107 59702 64678

Architect: Allan Dreghorn 1739 - 1756

Mungo Naismith - mason

Dr Peter McGregor Chalmers 1906 - reconstruction

REFERENCE:

Glasgow Arch Association

Sketch Book 1887 Vol 2 - steeple

REFERENCE:

Mitchell Library

Glasgow in Former Times Vol 1 - one engraving

- one engraving of St Andrew's Parish Church

Vol 2 - one sketch including South end of Sugar House Close

- steeple 1845

One engraving by R Paul

REFERENCE:

Scottish Record Office

Sale of stones to the Magistrates of Glasgow by the Duke of Montrose for *the new Church.

Letter from the Duke of Montrose to Mungo Graham of Gorthie

1748 GD 220/5/924/5

*[St Andrew's Church Building 1739 - 1762]

Buying of stone from the Duke of Montrose's house and at Blythswood Quarry for building the new Church.

Discussion with the Magistrates of Glasgow.

Letter from John Graham of Dougalston to Mungo Graham of Gorthie

1745 GD 220/5/1606/3

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions