Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Glasgow, Eastwood Parish Church

Church (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Glasgow, Eastwood Parish Church

Classification Church (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 43818

Site Number NS55NE 26

NGR NS 55 58

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/43818

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Renfrewshire
  • Parish Eastwood (Eastwood)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Eastwood
  • Former County Renfrewshire

Archaeology Notes

NS55NE 26 55 58.

The parish church, dedicated to St Convallus, was moved from Pollok (see NS55NW 19) to Eastwood (NS 55 58) in the 17th century. It was demolished in 1781, when a new church was built about half a mile east of the old site.

NSA 1845; H Scott et al 1915-61.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions