Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kilmaurs Place

Farmhouse (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Kilmaurs Place

Classification Farmhouse (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) The Place

Canmore ID 42973

Site Number NS44SW 8

NGR NS 41234 41129

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/42973

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Ayrshire
  • Parish Kilmaurs (Kilmarnock And Loudoun)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Kilmarnock And Loudoun
  • Former County Ayrshire

Archaeology Notes

NS44SW 8.00 41234 41129

NS44SW 8.01 c. 412 411 Park

(NS 4123 4112) Kilmaurs Place (NR)

OS 6" map (1968)

Kilmaurs Place is a 17th century mansion abutting the E wall of its predecessor (NS44SW 16) On plan it consists of a main block lying roughly E-W, with a stair-wing projecting in the centre of the W wall. It is two storeys and an attic high. Modern buildings fill the re-entranct angles. None of the compartments are vaulted, and the whole house has been considerably restored.

N Tranter 1965; D McNaught 1912

Kilmaurs Place is as described. It has been restored, and is in use as a farmhouse.

Visited by OS (JLD) 27 July 1956

No change to previous field report.

Visited by OS (EGC) 12 February 1962

No change.

Visited by OS (JRL) 24 August 1982

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions