Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dunlop, Kirkland

Manse (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Dunlop, Kirkland

Classification Manse (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Old Manse Of Dunlop

Canmore ID 42913

Site Number NS44NW 32

NGR NS 40648 49471

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/42913

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Ayrshire
  • Parish Dunlop
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Kilmarnock And Loudoun
  • Former County Ayrshire

Archaeology Notes

NS44NW 32 40648 49471

Kirkland was the manse of Dunlop till 1781 when it was sold and became a farmhouse. It has been restored, enlarged and modernised by the present owner. This small 16th century house was the original pre-Reformation Vicarage of Dunlop, the residence of Master John Major, teacher of Knox and other Reformers, who was vicar here from 1518 to 1550. In good repair.

Visited by OS, 13 October 1982.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions