Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Fordoun Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Fordoun Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 36424

Site Number NO77NE 47

NGR NO 7502 7583

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/36424

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Fordoun
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Kincardine And Deeside
  • Former County Kincardineshire

Archaeology Notes

NO77NE 47 7502 7583

(Location cited as NO 750 759). Fordoun Station, opened c. 1849 by the Aberdeen Rly. Formerly a two-platform through station with the main offices on the up platform in a one-storey and attic rubble building on an L-plan, with an awning in the the angle of the L. There is a single-storey goods shed, also on the up side.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Perth-Kinnaber Junction-Aberdeen) main line if the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Aberdeen Rly) on 1 November 1849. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 11 June 1956 but the line itself remains in passenger use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 26 September 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions