Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

River Clyde, Glasgow, East Boathouse

Boathouse (20th Century)

Site Name River Clyde, Glasgow, East Boathouse

Classification Boathouse (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) University Of Glasgow Boat House

Canmore ID 349268

Site Number NS66SW 1044

NGR NS 60089 63897

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/349268

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
© Copyright and database right 2017.

Digital Images

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Glasgow (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Activities

Project (2014 - 2015)

This project will assess the number and condition of the Canmore records that demonstrate associations between people and the River Clyde. It will do this through desk-based assessment, field-based assessment and engagement with local people.

Field Visit (12 May 2015)

The University of Glasgow Boat House comprises a long, two storey brick-built and slate-roofed building on the west bank of the River Clyde. Built in 1924, the ground floor provides storage for boats and the upper public rooms. The N end of the W side wall is propped up by a wooden scaffold. Four concrete slipways link the building to the river edge; an ancillary shed stands 20m NNW of the building.

Visited by RCAHMS (AGCH, GLB) 12 May 2015.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions