Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

St Andrews, Station Road, New Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name St Andrews, Station Road, New Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) St Andrews Station

Canmore ID 34338

Site Number NO51NW 51

NGR NO 5041 1674

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish St Andrews And St Leonards
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO51NW 51 5041 1674

For (predecessor) St Andrews Old Station (NO 4995 1725), see NO41NE 45.

Opened 31.5.1887; closed 6.1.1969.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

This intermediate station was opened by the Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee (St Andrews) Rly on 1 December 1867, when the line was extended to Crail. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 6 January 1969.

R V J Butt 1995.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions