Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Pittenweem, Charles Street, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Pittenweem, Charles Street, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Pittenweem Railway Station

Canmore ID 34251

Site Number NO50SW 57

NGR NO 5448 0314

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/34251

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Pittenweem
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO50SW 57 5448 0314

Station opened 1 September 1863 (Leven and East of Fife Railway); closed 6 September 1965.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

This intermediate station on the Thornton Junction - Leven - Crail - Leuchars Junction ('Fife coast') line of the former North British Rly was opened by the Leven and East of Fife Rly on 1 September 1863. It was closed temporarily between 1 January 1917 and 1 February 1919, and closed to regular passenger traffic (with the St Andrews - Leven portion of the line) on 6 September 1965 (cited by Butt as 6 September 1963).

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 23 August 2001.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions