Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dinnet Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Dinnet Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 33965

Site Number NO49NE 18

NGR NO 4600 9875

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/33965

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Glenmuick, Tullich And Glengairn
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Kincardine And Deeside
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NO49NE 18 4600 9875

NMRS REFERENCE:

Dinnet Station. (GNoSR).

Station opened 17/10/1866 (Deeside Railway), closed to goods, 15.6.1964, and to passengers, 28.2.1966.

Now converted to estate office.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

(Location cited as NO 461 987). Opened 1866 by the Aboyne and Braemar Rly. Formerly a single-platform through station with a U-plan, harled-brick, single-storey platform building.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station was opened on 17 October 1866 (by the Aboyne and Ballater Rly.) and closed to regular passenger traffic on 28 Feby 1966.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions