Cross Slab (pictish), Pictish Symbol Stone (pictish)
- Council Angus
- Parish Monifieth (angus)
- Former Region Tayside
- Former District City Of Dundee
- Former County Angus
External Reference (1980)
NO43SE 25.3 4953 3235.
No. 3 A cross-slab measures 0.45m x 0.58m x 0.08m. Front - the defaced remains of a decorated cross shaft, on either side the vestiges of birds and beasts. Back - a horse-backed figure, the bottom right corner of the crescent symbol, an incised dog, fish monster, hound chasing a stag and a pair of biting heads. The slab was discovered in the foundations of the old parish church, and subsequently was built into the wall of the new church in 1812. It is in the RMS(NMAS) Acc.no. IB 28. Information from R Jones 1980.