Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Lennoxtown, Greenhead Road, Free Church

Church (19th Century), Drill Hall (20th Century), Drill Hall (First World War)

Site Name Lennoxtown, Greenhead Road, Free Church

Classification Church (19th Century), Drill Hall (20th Century), Drill Hall (First World War)

Alternative Name(s) Drill Hall

Canmore ID 332476

Site Number NS67NW 81

NGR NS 63055 77605

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/332476

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Dunbartonshire
  • Parish Campsie
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Strathkelvin
  • Former County Stirlingshire

World War One Audit of Surviving Remains (20 September 2013)

The former Free Church in Lennoxtown, shown on the 2nd edition, had been converted into a drill hall by the time of the 3rd epoch map (surveyed 1914). In 1914 the drill hall was the base for "D" Company, 7th battalion, Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders.

The building has been demolished.

Information from HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project (GJB) 20 September 2013.

Activities

Project (March 2013 - September 2013)

A project to characterise the quantity and quality of the Scottish resource of known surviving remains of the First World War. Carried out in partnership between Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions