Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Beauly, Croyard Road, Drill Hall

Drill Hall (First World War), Drill Hall (19-20th Century)

Site Name Beauly, Croyard Road, Drill Hall

Classification Drill Hall (First World War), Drill Hall (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 331796

Site Number NH54NW 168

NGR NH 52497 46470

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/331796

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Kilmorack
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Inverness
  • Former County Inverness-shire

World War One Audit of Surviving Remains (19 July 2013)

The Beauly drill hall was in existence by about 1872 and according to one account was a former school building dismantled and moved from Lairg. In 1914 it was the HQ and drill station of "D" Squadron Lovat's Scouts and the base for "G" Company, 4th battalion Cameron Highlanders. It is marked on the 1st and 2nd edition OS 1:2500 map.

Information from HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project (GJB) 19 July 2013

Activities

Project (March 2013 - September 2013)

A project to characterise the quantity and quality of the Scottish resource of known surviving remains of the First World War. Carried out in partnership between Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions