Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Muir Of Ord, Seaforth Road, Drill Hall

Drill Hall (First World War), Drill Hall (20th Century)

Site Name Muir Of Ord, Seaforth Road, Drill Hall

Classification Drill Hall (First World War), Drill Hall (20th Century)

Canmore ID 331790

Site Number NH55SW 86

NGR NH 52851 50251

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/331790

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Urray (Ross And Cromarty)
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Ross And Cromarty
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

World War One Audit of Surviving Remains (18 July 2013)

The drill hall is a simple corrugated-iron-clad hut, with a double door in the gable with light above and flanked by two small windows. Three windows to frontage to Balvaird Road, with a second door at the east end. A possible firing ranges extends to east from SE corner.The hall was not in position at the time of the 2nd edition OS 1;2500 map. In 1914 it was the drill station for "C" Company 4th battalion, Seaforth Highlanders.

Information from HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project (GJB) 18 July 2013.

Activities

Project (March 2013 - September 2013)

A project to characterise the quantity and quality of the Scottish resource of known surviving remains of the First World War. Carried out in partnership between Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions