Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dundee, 50-2 Taylor's Lane, Drill Hall

Drill Hall (First World War)

Site Name Dundee, 50-2 Taylor's Lane, Drill Hall

Classification Drill Hall (First World War)

Canmore ID 331465

Site Number NO32NE 422

NGR NO 38875 29518

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/331465

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Dundee, City Of
  • Parish Dundee (Dundee, City Of)
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District City Of Dundee
  • Former County Angus

World War One Audit of Surviving Remains (21 June 2013)

The Taylor's Lane drill hall was the base for the City of Dundee (Fortress) Royal Engineers, a territorial Army unit. The Dundee Directory for 1911-12 gives the address for the hall as 52 Taylor's Lane, which is also the address for the sergeant instructor RE, Sergeant S H Oborne. No 52 is probably the building mapped just north of the school (NO32NE 19.06) on the 2nd to 4th epoch OS maps. The Dundee Directory for 1925-6 give the drill hall as no. 50.

The building has been demolished.

Information from HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project (GJB) 21 June 2013.

Activities

Project (March 2013 - September 2013)

A project to characterise the quantity and quality of the Scottish resource of known surviving remains of the First World War. Carried out in partnership between Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions