Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Banchory, 17 Kinneskie Road, Drill Hall

Drill Hall (20th Century), Drill Hall (First World War)

Site Name Banchory, 17 Kinneskie Road, Drill Hall

Classification Drill Hall (20th Century), Drill Hall (First World War)

Canmore ID 331408

Site Number NO69NE 126

NGR NO 69222 95690

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/331408

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Banchory-ternan
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Kincardine And Deeside
  • Former County Kincardineshire

World War One Audit of Surviving Remains (19 June 2013)

The Banchory drill hall is marked on the 3rd epoch OS 1:2500 map but not on the 2nd edition. It is mapped as a large rectangular hall with a smaller structure at its NW end. Both elelements survive; the hall is now the premises of a decorating business, while the building to the NW – a dormered cottage – is now a dwelling. In 1914-18 the hall was the drill station for A Company, 7th Gordon Highlanders.

Information from HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project (GJB) 19 June 2013.

Activities

Project (March 2013 - September 2013)

A project to characterise the quantity and quality of the Scottish resource of known surviving remains of the First World War. Carried out in partnership between Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions