Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dundee, Camperdown House

Country House (19th Century)

Site Name Dundee, Camperdown House

Classification Country House (19th Century)

Canmore ID 31965

Site Number NO33SE 59

NGR NO 35883 32974

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/31965

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Dundee, City Of
  • Parish Dundee (Dundee, City Of)
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District City Of Dundee
  • Former County Angus

Archaeology Notes

NO33SE 59 35883 32974

Designed by William Burn 1821, erected 1824-8.

HBD No. 100.

Architecture Notes

ARCHITECT: William Burn, 1821

Camperdown Estate - David McKenzie - Feuar 1835

OWNER: Dundee Corporation. Let to two Golf Clubs and Restaurant.

NMRS REFERENCE

Copy of Sale Catalogue, 1941

NMRS Newspaper cuttings:

'The Scotsman' 26.6.1975 Text and photograph - missing at time of upgrade. 8.10.1999

EXTERNAL REFERENCE

Dundee Museums Department hold a copy of the 1941 Sale Catalogue and have brought back some furnishings latterly

National Archive of Scotland:

Sheriff Court Register of Improvements. 'Forfar Vol.2 feb 1821', March 1822, Feb 1823, Jan 1823, Feb 1826, Feb 1827

See also the following sites in connection with Camperdown House:

NO33SE 127 Old Stable and Tackman's House

NO33SE 128 Stable Block

NO33SE 129 Pond

NO33SE 130 West Gate Lodge

NO33SE 131 South Gate Lodge

NO33SE 140 35462 33222 The Cottage

NO33SE 610 35679 33078 Dairy Cottage

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions