Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Old Pitlour House

Building (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Old Pitlour House

Classification Building (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 30299

Site Number NO21SW 19

NGR NO 2092 1116

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/30299

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Strathmiglo
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO21SW 19 2092 1116.

Not to be confused with the present Pitlour House for which see NO21SW 30

'Pitlour' (Mansion pre-1504) (site of)

OS recorder (MH), 29 May 1956

"There is evidence of the existence of a mansion of Pitlour in 1504 "No trace of it remains. Pitlour "was included in a charter of 1509 which united the possessions of Sir William Scott of Balweary into the barony of Strathmiglo, Pitlour having been acquired by him from David Scott, who was laird in 1490."

A H Millar 1895.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions