Meigle, Forfar Road, Station
Railway Station (19th Century) - (20th Century)
Site Name Meigle, Forfar Road, Station
Classification Railway Station (19th Century) - (20th Century)
Alternative Name(s) Fullarton Station; Meigle Station
Canmore ID 301101
Site Number NO24SE 87
NGR NO 28917 44647
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/301101
- Council Perth And Kinross
- Parish Meigle
- Former Region Tayside
- Former District Perth And Kinross
- Former County Perthshire
NO24SE 87.00 28917 44647
NO24SE 87.01 NO 28939 44657 Station Cottage [Station House or Crossing Keeper's House]
Not to be confused with Alyth Junction Station (formerly Meigle Station) at NO 29356 42983, for which see NO24SE 77.00.
This intermediate station on the Alyth branch of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Alyth Rly) as Fullarton Station on 12 August 1861. It was renamed Meigle Station on 1 November 1876, grouped into the London, Midland and Scottish Railway, and closed to regular passenger traffic (with the branch as a whole) on 2 July 1951.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 18 November 2009.
G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.
