Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Friockheim, Station Road, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Friockheim, Station Road, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Friockheim Station

Canmore ID 299702

Site Number NO54NE 93

NGR NO 58665 49498

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/299702

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Angus
  • Parish Kirkden
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Angus
  • Former County Angus

Archaeology Notes

NO54NE 93.00 58665 49498

NO54NE 93.01 NO 58749 49441 Station House

NO54NE 93.02 NO 58641 49516 Railway bridge (over Vinny Water)

This intermediate station on the Guthrie-Arbroath secondary line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Arbroath and Forfar Rly) on 4 December 1838). It was closed to regular passenger traffic (with the line as a whole) on 5 December 1955.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 28 July 2009.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1998.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions