Almondbank, Royal Naval Stores Depot
Storehouse(s) (20th Century), Warehouse(s) (20th Century)
Site Name Almondbank, Royal Naval Stores Depot
Alternative Name(s) Rnsd Almondbank; Lochty; Royal Naval Aircraft Workshops
Canmore ID 287495
Site Number NO02NE 107.02
NGR NO 06725 25565
NGR Description Centred NO 06725 25565
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
- Council Perth And Kinross
- Parish Redgorton
- Former Region Tayside
- Former District Perth And Kinross
- Former County Perthshire
NO02NE 107.02 centred 06725 25565
An area of Naval Stores Sheds situated immediately S of the River Almond and extending further S to Lochty occupies about 9.2 hectares of ground. Constructed within this area were buildings, huts, warehouses and sheds. The site was also linked to the main railway system by an electrified mineral railway, originally constucted to connect to Huntingtower Bleachfield (NO02NE 84.00) and Pitcairnfield Bleachworks (NO02NE 143.00)
The southern part of the site is now in use as an industrial estate.
The site is visible on vertical air photographs (F22 58/RAF/1773, 011-012, 1 June 1955), which show the full extent of the this part of the military stores area.
Information from RCAHMS (DE), March 2007
This area included stores and workshops including a motor transport workshop, 'receipt and shipping store', return store and at least two oter larege workshops.
T Huxley 2008