Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset


House (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Inverlair

Classification House (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 280714

Site Number NN37NW 9

NGR NN 33936 79820

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Kilmonivaig
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Lochaber
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Recording Your Heritage Online

Inverlair from the late 18th cenury. Plain-fronted house, possibly containing part of the original Macdonell of Keppoch House, scene of the Keppoch Murder reprisals. It was bought, along with Corrour, as part of the Duke of Gordon's Loch Treig estates by John Walker of Crawfordton in 1834, and his son, Col. Sir George Gustavus Walker (1830-97), created 'a comfortable lodge at Inverlair', extending it c.1860 (centre section) and c.1880 (left section). In 1941 it became the SOE's No 6 Special Workshop School.

Taken from "Western Seaboard: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Mary Miers, 2008. Published by the Rutland Press


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions