Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, 140 Whitefield Road, Hms Graham

Drill Hall (First World War), Naval Reserve Training Centre (20th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, 140 Whitefield Road, Hms Graham

Classification Drill Hall (First World War), Naval Reserve Training Centre (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Clyde Division, Royal Naval Reserve

Canmore ID 278864

Site Number NS56SE 2178

NGR NS 56145 64830

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/278864

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2022.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Govan (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

World War One Audit of Surviving Remains (24 October 2013)

The Whitefield Road drill hall was built in 1905-6 by Burnett et al for the Royal Naval Reserve. A two- to three-storey orderly-room block, with angle bartizans; the adjoining hall with a sturdy north tower. The buildings were arranged around a yard. Built of red brick, harled and painted.

Information from HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project (GJB) 24 October 2013.

Archaeology Notes

NS56SE 2178 56145 64830

Drill Hall (R N R) [NAT]

OS 1:1250 map, 1970.

Activities

Project (March 2013 - September 2013)

A project to characterise the quantity and quality of the Scottish resource of known surviving remains of the First World War. Carried out in partnership between Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions