Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Marchmont Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Marchmont Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 270150

Site Number NT74NE 32.01

NGR NT 75270 48928

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/270150

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Polwarth
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Berwickshire
  • Former County Berwickshire

Architecture Notes

NT74NE 32.01 75270 48928

The station house is situated immediately NE of a minor road.. The station building is extant.

Built for the Marchmont Estate on the St Boswalls to reston line. The railway station was closed to passenger traffic in 1951.

The station is depicted as roofed on the 1st Edition of the OS 6-inch map (Berwickshire 1862, sheet xxii). Also shown on the later OS maps is a signal box and goods sidings with a Post Office shown 14m to the W.

Information from RCAHMS (DE), May 2010

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: This is an upstanding earthwork or monument.

Information from Scottish Borders Council

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions