Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Tullibardine Chapel

Chapel (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Tullibardine Chapel

Classification Chapel (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Tullibardine, Collegiate Church; Tullibardine Collegiate Church

Canmore ID 26079

Site Number NN91SW 1

NGR NN 90955 13470

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/26079

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Blackford
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN91SW 1 90955 13470

(NN 9095 1347) Chapel (NR)

OS 6" map, (1959)

Tullibardine Chapel is frequently given as a collegiate church but there is no record of its being made collegiate and in 1455 and 1618 it is described as a chapel. It was founded by Sir David Murray of Dumbarton ancestor of the Duke of Atholl, in 1446. It remains unaltered, cruciform in plan and with a small western tower entering from the church by a narrow doorway. In the care of the MoW.

D E Easson 1957; V G Childe and W D Simpson 1961.

As described above; the chapel is not in use.

Visited by OS (R D) 27 July 1967.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions