Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, The Exchange, Port Hamilton, 69 Morrison Street, Scottish Widows

Office(S) (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Edinburgh, The Exchange, Port Hamilton, 69 Morrison Street, Scottish Widows

Classification Office(S) (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 250350

Site Number NT27SW 4066

NGR NT 24676 73127

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/250350

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Activities

Note

Scottish Widows moved its head office from Dalkeith Road to Port Hamilton on Morrison Street in 1997.

Port Hamilton was the eastern terminus of the Union Canal until early 20th century. Closed in 1922, it was subsequently filled in and the site redeveloped. The mid century buildings were later demolished.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions