Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, Cowcaddens Road, Cowcaddens Subway Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, Cowcaddens Road, Cowcaddens Subway Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Cowcaddens Underground Station

Canmore ID 243099

Site Number NS56NE 3031

NGR NS 58683 66192

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/243099

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Glasgow (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Archaeology Notes

NS56NE 3031 58683 66192

Location formerly cited as NS 5869 6619.

For general account of the Glasgow Subway system, see NS56NE 4915.

Cowcaddens Undergound Station [NAT]

OS 1:1250 map, 1981.

Cowcaddens Station (Glasgow Subway). This station was opened by the Glasgow District Subway on 14 December 1896, but closed the same day (with the remainder of the system); it was reopened on 21 January 1897. Together with the remainder of the system, the station was closed for refurbishment by the Greater Glasgow Passenger Transport Executive on 21 May 1977. It was reopened on 16 April 1980, and remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 14 February 2006.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions