Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Crianlarich Upper Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Crianlarich Upper Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Crianlarich Railway Station

Canmore ID 23859

Site Number NN32NE 24

NGR NN 38458 25101

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/23859

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Stirling
  • Parish Killin
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Stirling
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN32NE 24 38458 25101

Station [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1988.

For adjacent railway viaducts (to N), see NN32NE 31 and NN32NE 32.

For Crianlarich (Lower) Station (NN 3867 2533), see NN32NE 28.

This intermediate station on the Glasgow - Crianlarich - Fort William ('West Highland') line of the former North British Rly was opened on 7 August 1894 by the West Highland Rly. It remains in regular passenger use and is now the junction of the lines to Oban and Fort William.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 3 April 1998.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

NN32NE 24 38458 25101

Crianlarich (Upper) Station: On the West Highland Railway, and of that company's standard type, with a single storey brick and timber building on an island platform. There is a small single road engine-shed and a pair of water towers. The main building was badly damaged by fire in c.1966 and is now cut down.

Visited [and photographed in 1976] by J R Hume, University of Strathclyde, undated [?1971] and May 1976.

NMRS MS/749/129; 144; 145

Station (West Highland Railway) opened 7.8.1894.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions